Thanks to the generosity of Edgewater Alumni, their families and friends, the Edgewater Foundation has the honor of offering scholarships to EHS graduating students. The Edgewater Foundation also administers several other scholarships. Click Here for the list of currently offered scholarships and recent winners.
Eligibility Criteria for the Edgewater High School Foundation Scholarship
1. Candidates must be graduating EHS students.
2. Candidates must be in good academic standing, with a 2.5 GPA or higher.
3. Candidates must enroll after graduation in a school program, college or university leading to a career certificate or degree.
4. Candidates must be in overall good school standing for the entire academic year.
5. EHS Foundation Board Members’ dependent children are not eligible for the three $1,000 scholarships named, The Edgewater High School Foundation Scholarship.
The EHS Foundation appoints a yearly Scholarship Committee. This committee works with the EHS Guidance Department and teh Career/Technical Education, College & Career Advisor in the selection process. The Foundation determines the amount of scholarships and money to be funded annually. The Guidance Department and CTE, C&C Advisor meet annually to select students based on school and academic status, personal history and accomplishments. The Guidance Department resrves the right to make inquires (including financial) of students, in order to help with the selection process. Scholarships shall be awarded to students based on need, academic achievement, good citizenship, extra-curricular activities, personal accomplishments and/or spirit of volunteerism.
All Scholarship Winners
As part of your award, we request that every scholarship recipient send a thank you letter to the Foundation by August 15th. This letter, which will be read at the September Foundation Board Meeting should include a brief self-introduction and current scholastic and career plans. If you are a recipient of a multi-year scholarship, we require this letter each year before you receive your annual scholarship amount. This letter should be mailed to the following address:
EHS Scholarship Committee
PO Box 540226
Orlando, FL 32854-0226
Your scholarship money will be sent directly to the school of your attendance. In order to accomplish this, we ask that you send the Foundation the following information as soon as possible:
1. Student’s Full Name
2. Student’s College or University ID number (if possible)
3. Address for the college’s financial office (this can be found on the college website)
This information can be emailed to our Treasurer, Eric Houston at email@example.com or mailed to the above address.