One of Orlando’s oldest high schools, Edgewater High School was founded in 1952 when Orlando High School was divided into two schools. Edgewater’s first principal, O.R. Davis, established the school’s reputation as an outstanding academic institution. That reputation continues today as Edgewater offers nationally recognized programs, including The Engineering, Science and Technology (EST) Magnet Program and the Advanced Placement (AP) Academy.
It wasn’t until 1990, that a group of committed volunteers recognized that EHS needed support beyond what the school district and state funds could provide.
At that time, very few public high school foundations had been established, especially with the intent to raise additional funds to improve the school’s educational programs. Together, these parents, faculty and alumni established The Edgewater High School Foundation. The foundation’s mission began “to promote and further the interests of Edgewater High School though the provision of aid and assistance to Edgewater High School and the programs and facilities it operates.”
For more than two decades, the Edgewater High School Foundation has provided over $500,000 to enrich the academic and co-curricular experiences at Edgewater High School.